HOME

Thursday 13 June 2013

Silver Lining

"I did not err; there does a sable cloud
Turn forth her silver lining on the night, 
And casts a gleam over this tufted grove."
John Milton, 1634

I am not sure about clouds, but my old  chair has now definitely a silver lining. 

Here is a little fun project of yesterday: having a day off I decided to give this old runner, bought at a garage sale a while ago, a little uplift. 
I gave it a new solid seat, a good polish, a layer of silver paint et Voila! 
There is something comforting in furniture renovation for me, the idea of giving objects (and maybe people) a second chance...

Have a productive end of the week and a magnificent weekend!

Speaking of weekends, one of major art events of the world - Art Basel - is buzzing this weekend in Switzerland, see you there perhaps?

Love,
AB


No comments:

Post a Comment