HOME

Sunday 6 February 2011

Thank you


It is kind of strange, really: I can’t find the right words to share my impressions and thoughts about my vernissage in the showroom UNIKAT last Friday evening… Perhaps because all I wanted to express, I said in my paintings, or because photographs are so vivid, they can speak for themselves…

Looking for quotes about art, I found and liked very much this one of Friedrich Nietzsche: “There is one thing one has to have: either a soul that is cheerful by nature or a soul made cheerful by work, love, art, and knowledge.”  It made me think about the atmosphere at the opening: if it was not cheerful, it was certainly very warm. An intensive exchange of impressions and ideas, and thoughts. Challenging and stimulating at the same time.

So all I want to say is Thank you. To those who came and shared this event with me, and to those who encourage my artistic search from afar. It really means a lot to me.


Last preparations...


 Culture journalist and actress Verena Hoehne kindly agreed to do a reading and share her thoughts about art.


Stella  (left) with a friend


Thank you and have a great week.

Love,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment