HOME

Friday 12 September 2014

One Last Thing Before I Go

I am going for two week holidays… again! :-) Home, sweet home this time, September in Tajikistan is my favorite time of the year and it's my moms' birthday in a few days. But at the moment I am sitting in Moscow's Domodedovo airport - five hours of waiting ahead of me. No problem at all, since I have two nice reads in my handbag. 

Ok, maybe it's not an ideal title for an airplane read, but somehow this book caught my attention at the airport bookshop. Here is the book's description: "Jonathan Tropper's funny, touching family story about a man named Silver who has begun to accept that his life isn't going to turn out as he expected. 
So when he learns that his heart requires emergency, lifesaving surgery, Silver makes the radical decision to refuse the operation, choosing instead to use what little time he has left to repair the relationship with his daughter, become a better man, and live in the moment - even if that moment isn't destined to last very long".  

The second read is something completely different. It is a poetry book by my friend Marina Zamorina, first samples have finally arrived and got my well deserved copy, since I did Marina's cover photo :-).

Marina has a gift of seeing poetry in everyday objects;  she transports reader into her world - real at one moment, imaginary the next. "Un certain hiver" is a glimpse into a woman's soul, sometimes melancholic, other times ecstatic and always inexplicable… 

La lumière blanche argentée 
Le lac se promène entre les rives
Les nuages sont perdus aux anges
Je plane comme le plume entre les temps
Un corps léger, presque astral,
D'une femme bienheureuse de Chagall

I wish you a wonderful and poetic weekend. 

Love,
AB  

1 comment:

  1. Be safe and happy Anna. :-)

    Try to visit Hungary on the way back. It's beautiful this time of year!

    ReplyDelete